Building & Attracting the World’s Best
Market-leading companies are finding Texas to be the premier location for business.
Texas is internationally known as a behemoth in economic development. Fifty-three companies headquartered in Texas are on the Fortune 500 list. Startups like Dell grew out of college dorms and became global innovators while established giants like Toyota located their North American headquarters in the state after an exhaustive site search. No matter the size or industry, companies that are ready to go big, choose Texas.
Major Employers in Texas
These major employers and many others have found success in Texas’ top-ranked business climate, workforce, and accessibility. If companies this big and successful call Texas home, why not your company, too?
- American Airlines
- Capital One
- Charles Schwab
- JP Morgan Chase
- Lockheed Martin
Largest Employers in Texas Across Multiple Industries
When broken down by industries, Texas’ largest employers are involved in:
- Advanced Manufacturing — including Toyota, Texas Instruments, Samsung, and General Motors
- Aerospace, Aviation, and Defense — including Lockheed Martin, General Electric, American Airlines, Southwest Airlines
- Biotechnology and Life Sciences — including McKesson, Tenet Healthcare, Luminex, Fujifilm Diosynth
- Corporate Services — including Charles Schwab, Hewlett Packard, Oracle, NRG
- Creative Industry — including Broadcast Music Inc., iHeartMedia, and Cinemark Holdings
- Energy — including ExxonMobil, Phillips 66, Valero Energy, Energy Transfer
- Information Technology — including Oracle, Texas Instruments, AT&T, Cisco
- Petroleum Refining and Chemical Products — including Exxon Mobil, Celanese, Huntsman, Holly Frontier
Large employers in the public sector include prominent Texas higher education institutions:
- Texas A&M — the largest university in the state with 26,000 employees
- University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center — 22,000 employees
- The University of Texas at Austin — approximately 21,000 employees
Of course, there are thousands of other companies employing millions of people located throughout the state.
It’s clear why so many companies move to Texas — with massive infrastructure, a skilled Texas workforce, low tax burdens, and robust Texas business incentives, the Texas business climate is truly second to none.
No. 1 for Growth Prospects
Projected to add one million jobs by 2023 and with a strong entrepreneurial base, Texas has the best economic outlook in the nation according to Forbes.
Featured News & Stories
Industry-leading companies of all sizes are growing in Texas. Read how these companies decided to Go Big in Texas.